Friday, December 09, 2005

Merry Christmas to me!

So we've had this list of furniture we've been 'meaning to buy'. Of course that means shopping for it, which means draggind 4 children to a furniture store. After finally finding out couches Steve was done- he had no interest in furniture shopping for the rest of his life. That's nice, except that furniture is a big purchase and one we both have to live with. Anyway, today I bit the bullet and went to see a guy that custom makes furniture (since we needed a pretty specific spot filled for our entertainment unit) and he gave me an estimate on what I wanted. Then he let me look through his (wholesale)catalogs and found an entertainment center that will be great, a bedroom set (bed, two nightstands and a dresser) a coffee table and end table and a random coat/umbrella stand. Woo!! The cool thing is that I got it all for about the cost of bedroom sets in the stores! So now we're pretty much set for furniture for a while (well, I'd like a new table too- but it's not as 'urgent' as the other stuff was). I hope Steve likes the stuff I got! It's coming in for pick-up in a week- so you'll get to see pictures next Saturday.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah! I love furniture too. We are in desperate need of it also. The only blessing I have is teenagers , so I only have to drag Kirk, kicking and screaming through the stores!

Congrats.