Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A couple cakes

I baked this weekend. Yay! I love to do it- but I have to have a reason. Several months ago we did a service auction at enrichment (women's group meeting) at church. I auctioned off a cake to be made for your special occassion. The winner had a missionary going to the Italy Rome mission and the custom is to have an open house type party after the sacrament meeting when he talks. So she wanted her cake for that. She requested a basic sheet cake. I asked if I could decorate it 'fun' rather then just a standard cake. She was fine with that. This is what I came up with:



The second cake I made because I had leftover batter. So I decorated for our friends that were visiting us. Not my best decorating ever- but it was fun:

3 comments:

bon said...

Ahhhh! cakes.

you are well and truly back.

Sorry, I still can't comment on your Dad's eulogy post. I cannot imagine writing one for my own father. Hugs again and YUM!

Sugarmama said...

Niiiiice! I baked a cake over the weekend, too, but I ate it all so fast there was no chance of pictures. And anyways, it wasn't nearly as colorful as yours are. Good work!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Those look great, AMber!