Monday, June 05, 2006

Today is the big day!

My Mom is moving to my town!! She's going to be a 7 minute walk (with no kids) or a 45 minute walk (with kids) from my house!! It's about a 3 minute drive (depending on traffic). Not only that- but she's bringing my 14 year old sister! You know what that means?? A babysitter I know and trust beyond compare- that's what that means!! Am I selfish? Oh yeah. Am I giddy beyond belief?? YES!! My mom is awesome. AWESOME. And I GET TO LIVE BY HER! She has 9 children. NINE. (You read that right). Lucky me gets to live by her (since none of us live in the same state.) Seriously you would have thought last night was Christmas Eve. My kids are beyond excited as well. She's the kind of Grandma every kid wants. She plays, she lets them do messy crafts, she reads stories, she does sleepovers, she bakes ect. She's the kind of Grandma that her mom was when I was little. With that as a model she can't go wrong. Have I said Giddy yet? G.I.D.D.Y. YAY!

16 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

WOOT! I'm giddy for you!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

YAY YAY YAY!! I'm so excited for you! YAY FOR MOMS!!

Arlyn said...

Yipee! I'm jealous in so many ways. You understand why! ;)

QueenMeadow said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you :) thats awesome.

Rachau said...

I am also Giddy for you!I am so exited for you.(Giddy)!

Natalie said...

Yay!!! Sigh...guess that means you won't be back here visiting anymore. ;) Have fun with your mom and your babysitter...er, I mean your sister. :)

Missy said...

Oh you must be in heaven! Babysitter, Grandma, and within walking distance, I would have a heart attack from sheer joy. No wonder you feel like it is Christmas time!

sheri said...

I'm giddy as well!!! WOOT!

Valarie said...

wahoo! yay for moms!

I was excited this morning, too. stupid blogger.

Blackeyedsue said...

Congrats! There is nothing quite like family! Yay for you!

HECK YAH for the BABYSITTER!!!!!

andrea said...

Your mom is awesome! Lucky for you that even though you moved away almost 10 years ago (can you believe we've known each other that long, we're getting up there!) your mom has decided to follow you. I don't think I will be so lucky. (By the way I am moving at the end of June - yikes!)

Anonymous said...

I love your proper usage of GIDDY what a fun time for you!!

Tuesday Girl said...

lucky!

Anonymous said...

I am so very, very, very jealous.

How fun! :-)

Sugarmama said...

What a great situation for you! My mom's youngest sister was exactly 10 years older than me, and I remember her babysitting us as kids VERY fondly. I totally idolized my young aunt. So great for your kids, too!

Rachau said...

Amber i have not see you around in blog land are you ok?I hope so.
Just wanted to let you know i miss ya!